- What is an au-pair?
An au-pair is a person who helps out busy families to take care of their children. In Australia au-pairs may work full-time or part-time depending on the family’s requirements. The family will provide accommodation, meals and pocket money. Au pairs are usually young people who genuinely love children, are looking forward to improve their language skills, learn about different cultures and travel. Besides taking care of the children they might also be required to do some housekeeping and cooking.
- What are the advantages of being/hiring an au-pair?
It is a great cultural exchange. You will be likely to enter in a life time bounding with your hosting family/Au pair. Gives a lot of flexibility in working hours. It is financially interesting for the family and for the Au pair.
What is a demi pair?
A demi pair is similar to an au pair, with the only difference that due to studies or other commitments she/he will only work up to 15 to 20 hours per week. While the family will still provide accommodation and full board, the pocket money will be lower.
- How long should au-pairs stay with a host family?
An au-pair can stay with a family any time between 1 month to 1 year (a new law passed in July 2015 that the contract can be extended after 6 months to 1 year). The usual time is 6 months.
- What qualifications are required to Au-pairs?
Formally there is no qualification requirements, however it is common practice that anyone working with children should have first aid. And also apply for the working with children check, which can only be obtained personally in Australia .
Some families will have a preference for someone who already had prior experience with children, other families might not require prior experience, as long as the candidate profile is a good match for their requirements.
- Who should organize the Au Pair VISA, insurance and flights?
VISA, insurance and flights are organized by the au pair. Super Nannies currently partner with specific agents that can organize all the details of your trip for you. We can provide their contact details upon request. All the costs related to travel will be covered by the au pair and not by the family.
- I am a family interested to hire an au pair through Super Nannies & Home Services, how is the process?
- First step is to register with us (Family registration fee is $60).
- We will send you screened au pair profiles according to your requirements.
- You choose which candidates you want to meet (usually via Skype if they are overseas).
- An offer will be sent to your chosen candidate including detailed information about the work, routine and pocket money.
- Agency fee total of $500 to be paid by the family upon successful placement.
- Just send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0413352486 and let us know you are a family looking for an au pair and want to register with us, and we will start the process straight away.
- I am interested to be an au-pair in Australia and want to register with Super Nannies
- Send an email to email@example.com or call :+61 413 352 486 we will provide you with all the information regarding fees and we also provide coaching to your skills and performance as an au pair.